French Court Croaks Fracking: Upholds government ban saying environment more important than free enterprise, private property

The NYTimes reports:

France’s highest court on Friday upheld a government ban on a controversial drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing, in a defeat for a method that has revolutionized the oil and natural gas industry in the United States.

Read more…

9 thoughts on “French Court Croaks Fracking: Upholds government ban saying environment more important than free enterprise, private property”

  1. There are people in TU Electric that have lost their jobs because the EPA is requiring Coal Fired power plants to spend at least $500 million to install CO2 sequestering equipment. So a great many Coal Fired power plants are being shut down to bow to the whimms of the EPA mandates.

  2. 99.5% of the chemicals used in fracting is simply pure water, the other 0.5% are the same chemicals used in food additives that have been approved by the FDA.

  3. My petroleum production/completion engineer friend says the correct spelling is “fraccing”. I’m just a lowly plant/field facility engineer so what do I know. And, Edmund, my friend says the same thing on the “chemicals”.

  4. When you are dealing with a resource of infinite value — the environment — then any action on its behalf, no matter how damaging, is a net positive.

    Greenpeace knows this well. ‘The Environment’ trumps anything else.

  5. The FDA isn’t applicable here. It would more matter if these chemicals have been approved by Agence nationale de sécurité sanitaire de l’alimentation, de l’environnement et du travail (ANSES) though.

Comments are closed.