I can’t figure out whether Obama holdover EPA Inspector General Arthur Elkins is dishonest or just incompetent.
Here’s what you need to know:
- No one is harmed by Superfund sites — the report fails to cite any harm.
- My 1995 report, Science-Based Risk Assessment: A Piece of the Superfund Puzzle, showed that no one had ever been harmed by any Superfund site. My report led to the Clinton administration expediting Superfund cleanups based on actual risks posed.
- Though touched off by Love Canal, the lameduck Carter era Superfund was mostly a public works program — every Congressional district received a designated National Priorities List site at the inception of Superfund.
- In any event, while pursuing his war on coal agenda, Obama largely ignored completing Superfund site cleanups. Now holdover Elkins wants to blame Pruitt for the Obama EPA’s failure.
- Elkins’ review of the EPA human testing scandal was entirely dishonest.