Washington, DC – June 1, 2011 (PRNewswire) – JunkScience.com announced today that it is sending an emergency shipment of climate-related books authored by global warming skeptics to Gov. Chris Christie, the apparently climate information-deprived chief executive of the state of New Jersey.
Though he pulled New Jersey out of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), the cap-and-trade program by and for Northeast states, Christie admitted ignorance about global warming science.
I’m certainly not a scientist, which is the first problem. So I can’t claim to fully understand all of this, certainly not after just a few months of study. But when you have over 90 percent of the world’s scientists who have studied this stating that climate change is occurring and that humans play a contributing role, it’s time to defer to the experts.
“Al Gore couldn’t have said it better,” said JunkScience.com publisher Steve Milloy, “and I see that as a real problem for Gov. Christie if he has hopes of making the leap from governing New Jersey to governing the United States.”
Not only is science not done by consensus, noted Milloy, but even if it was, the largest consensus to date (over 31,000 U.S. scientists) has decried global warming alarmism has junk science. (See PetitionProject.org).
“The notion that a Republican governor with national aspirations doesn’t understand basic global warming science is obviously bad enough,” observed Milloy, “but to then to compound the problem by defaulting to the views of Al Gore, President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Henry Waxman, Hollywood celebrities, the Discovery Channel gunman, Charles Manson and even the late Osama bin Laden is truly breathtaking.”
In hopes of saving Gov. Christie from his dubious instincts, JunkScience.com has shipped to him 31 books written by climate skeptics.
“We’re hoping that Gov. Christie will take this opportunity to speed up on one of the most vital issues of our time,” said Milloy. “If Republicans are so fortunate as to elect a new President in 2012, it will be a shame if that President is just Al Gore in drag,” Milloy concluded.
The list of titles sent to Gov. Christie is as follows (in no particular order):
- The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History, 1300-1850, by Brian M. Fagan
- The Climate Caper: Facts and Fallacies of Global Warming, by Garth W. Paltridge
- Climategate: The Crutape Letters, by Steven Mosher
- What Warming?: Satellite view of global temperature change, by Arno Arrak
- Power Grab: How Obama’s Green Policies Will Steal Your Freedom and Bankrupt America, by Christopher C. Horner
- Heaven and Earth: Global Warming, the Missing Science, by Ian Plimer
- An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming, by Nigel Lawson
- Energy and Climate Wars: How naive politicians, green ideologues, and media elites are undermining the truth about energy and climate, by Peter C. Glover
- Climate of Extremes: Global Warming Science They Don’t Want You to Know, by Patrick J. Michaels
- The Chilling Stars: A Cosmic View of Climate Change, by Henrik Svensmark
- Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies That Hurt the Poor, by Roy W. Spencer
- The Deniers: The World Renowned Scientists Who Stood Up Against Global Warming Hysteria, Political Persecution, and Fraud**And those who are too fearful to do so, by Lawrence Solomon
- The Great Global Warming Blunder: How Mother Nature Fooled the World’s Top Climate Scientists, by Roy W Spencer
- Eco-Imperialism: Green Power Black Death, by Paul Driessen
- The Hockey Stick Illusion: Climategate and the Corruption of Science (Independent Minds), by A.W. Montford
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming (and Environmentalism), by Christopher C. Horner
- The Satanic Gases: Clearing the Air about Global Warming, by Patrick J. Michaels
- State of Fear, by Michael Crichton
- Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years, Updated and Expanded Edition, by S. Fred Singer
- Green Hell: How Environmentalists Plan to Control Your Life and What You Can Do to Stop Them, by Steven Milloy
- Climategate: A Veteran Meteorologist Exposes the Global Warming Scam, by Brian Sussman
- Global Warming False Alarm: The Bad Science Behind the United Nations’ Assertion that Manmade CO2 Causes Global Warming, by Ralph B. Alexander
- The Great Warming: Climate Change and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations, by Brian Fagan
- The Really Inconvenient Truths: Seven Environmental Catastrophes Liberals Don’t Want You to Know About–Because They Helped Cause Them, by Iain Murray
- Hot Talk, Cold Science: Global Warming’s Unfinished Debate by S. Fred Singer
- Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed, by Christopher C. Horner
- The Bad Science and Bad Policy of Obama’s Global Warming Agenda, by Roy W. Spencer
- The Great Warming: Climate Change and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations by Brian Fagan
- Climatism!: Science, Common Sense, and the 21st Century’s Hottest Topic, by Steve Goreham
- Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind The Global Warming Hoax, by Larry Bell
- Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout: The Making of a Sensible Environmentalist, by Patrick Albert Moore