The National Academy of Science’s National Research Council issued a new climate report today with the same old alarmism:
- Climate change is real and poses “significant risks” to society;
- Delaying cuts in greenhouse gas emissions will make dealing with the problem harder in the future;
- Each additional ton of greenhouse gases emitted commits us to further change and greater risks;
- Waiting to combat warming is “imprudent”; and
- The federal government should take a lead role in combating climate change.