A junk science Roundup. Ha-ha!
The mainstream press is picking up on a study lead by Paul Mills, professor of family medicine and public health at the University of California San Diego.
Mills’ study claims to shows that glyphosate levels in urine are increasing.
But exposure is not toxicity! Anyway… what none of the media appear to be aware of — and perhaps they would find nothing wrong with this fact — is that Mills:
- Serves as an expert witness for plaintiffs’ lawyers;
- Currently holds a position as research director for the (Depak) Chopra Foundation for mind/body spiritual healing and Ayurvedic health; and that
- Received his “PhD” in Neuroscience from the Maharishi University of Management (MUM) in Iowa. (Note: MUM is not recognized as an accredited institution in neuroscience or psychology from the America Psychological Association (APA) nor are any of the MUM graduate program recognized as accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.)
- Has published a paper on “The Effects of Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi Program on the Paired Hoffman Reflex” (the TM-Sidi Program is the Maharishi movement promotion of yogic flying) and his graduate thesis while at MUM on “Beta-andrenergic receptor sensitivity in subject practicing transcendental meditation.”
- Claims yoga, transcendental meditation and an organic vegetarian diet can slow the effects of aging. He’s produced multiple “wellbeing videos” and publications claiming GMOs and herbicide use cause health risks and recommends organic diets for people suffering from various health issues.
Now at least, you know.