I wasted $6 on this junk study so you don’t have to.
Click the headline image (below) for the scare by WaPo green stenographer Darry Fears.
The study abstract is below.
- Near-zero correlation is not causation; it is zero.
- Were these ‘researchers’ to examine a number of power plants, they would find both slightly positive and slightly negative correlations — which would all balance out to zero.
- There is no biological plausibility or evidence to support this claim.
- Birthweight is a complex phenomenon that is more plausibly caused by myriad and individual factors not considered by these ‘researchers.’
- The real purpose of this study (as headlined by the WaPo) seems to be to attack the notion that wealth has anything to do with health.