Bill McEwen: Show us the bodies.
Fresno bess columnist McEwen asserts:
The Environmental Protection Agency this morning will announce that it’s sending $21 million to help clean the air in the smoggy San Joaquin Valley and elsewhere in California.
In addition, the federal agency will roll out its plan for protecting the health of Valley residents with an emphasis on air and water quality, enforcement of public health standards and environmental justice.
Better late than never, I suppose…
This $21 million, while welcome, is a drop in the bucket of what’s needed in a region notorious for high asthma rates and premature deaths linked to air pollution… [Emphasis added]
Cm’on, Bill. Show us an asthma case or a premature death actually linked with “air pollution.” Or don’t you have a good journalist’s inherent skepticism?
If your mother says she loves you, check it out.
- An air pollution casualty identified in Bakersfield?
- Activists try ‘showing us a body’ — but only show us an activist
- Enviros produce an asthmatic — but no link to air pollution
- Hey, John Capitman: Demonstra Corpus
- Dr. Don Williams: Show us the medical records
- EPA shows us a body?
- Memo to House GOP: Ask Gina McCarthy to show us the bodies
- What kid in L.A. is fighting for breath?
- ‘Show me the bodies’ challenge unnerves enviros
- Show us the bodies, EPA