Henry Waxman and Ed Markey will try to beat a dead horse’s ass.
From Markey’s media release:
WASHINGTON – Three prominent scientists will present the best case yet for the end of climate skepticism in Washington and the world over the fact that the world is warming at a congressional briefing held by Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.).
The briefing will feature the first appearance on Capitol Hill by Dr. Richard Muller since the release of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project results. Dr. Muller was previously skeptical about many aspects of climate science, but the massive two-year study he led has validated the fact that the world is warming. His work also debunked many talking points repeated by climate science deniers that have been repeated by lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
Dr. Ben Santer of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory will discuss new research on recent warming. Dr. William Chameides, dean of Duke University’s Nicholas School of the Environment and vice-chair of the National Academies’ Committee on America’s Climate Choices, will discuss the findings of the National Academies’ America’s Climate Choices reports.
WHAT: Congressional climate science briefing: “Undeniable Data: The Latest Research on Global Temperature and Climate Science”
WHO: Reps. Ed Markey, Henry Waxman, others
Dr. Richard Muller, Director of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature Project
Dr. Ben Santer, research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Dr. William Chameides, Dean of Duke University’s Nicholas School of the Environment and ViceChair of the National Academies’ Committee on America’s Climate Choices
WHERE: 1324 Longworth House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
WHEN: Monday, November 14, 2011, 2 PM
Check out our Muller chronology:
- Have the skeptics been debunked?
- Richard Muller no skeptic
- Eugene Robinson debunks himself
- Muller not a skeptic in 2003, either
- Fizzle: Alarmist academics doubt impact from Muller
- Muller accused by colleague of hiding data
- Run away! Muller backs off attack on skeptics
- Muller: ‘I never said you shouldn’t be a skeptic’
- Muller trashes WashPost’s Eugene Robinson
- Muller: Climategate a ‘scandal’, ‘terrible’, ‘shameful’
- Muller admits: Never a skeptic