Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak underappreciates the extent to which coal makes Apple technology and his personal fortune possible.
Speaking to an American Wind Energy Association meeting, Wozniak said,
Coal plants are just obnoxious. Look at an Apple product. It’s cleanliness all the way through … people like that kind of beauty.
- About half of Apple products run on, or are charged with coal-fired electricity.
- Coal makes electricity inexpensive for consumers so that they can buy expensive Apple products.
- Wind power is a rip-off that reduces consumer purchasing power.
- U.S. coal plant emissions harm no one.
- U.S. wind turbines kill tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of birds per year.
Also check out “If Apple was really concerned about the environment…”