Get LOST! Kerry to push UN control of the seas

Sen. John Kerry said yesterday that he wants the Senate to ratify the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) — i.e., United Nations governance of the sea and its resources.

In an interview with Environment and Energy Daily, Kerry said “”Personally I would hope [to move the treaty]; it’s long overdue. But we need to take a look at where we are.”

But LOST should remain so. Click for Cato Institute and Heritage Foundation resources on LOST.

5 thoughts on “Get LOST! Kerry to push UN control of the seas”

  1. Conservatives view a treaty as an obligation on all signatories. Ths they tend to take them seriously. Liberals view treaties and other paper agreements as ‘talking points’ to help them look good enough before the voters to gere-elected. The only enforcement value of reaties and laws is to embarrass or hamstring one’s political rivals.

  2. That is so wrong on so many levels. Briefly put, what could go wrong with putting an unelected, unprincipled, unchecked supposedly non-governmental government in charge of 70% of earth and in charge of the other 30% that drains into it and is surrounded by it? Where more than half its members are themselves unelected, unprincipled and unchecked governments? The people of Massuchuesetts should have worked and studied harder so they wouldn’t have ended up with this for a Senator.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.