French Court Croaks Fracking: Upholds government ban saying environment more important than free enterprise, private property

The NYTimes reports:

France’s highest court on Friday upheld a government ban on a controversial drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing, in a defeat for a method that has revolutionized the oil and natural gas industry in the United States.

Read more…

About these ads

9 responses to “French Court Croaks Fracking: Upholds government ban saying environment more important than free enterprise, private property

  1. Well, good. Now the French can buy their natural gas energy from us.

  2. Edmund Williams

    There are people in TU Electric that have lost their jobs because the EPA is requiring Coal Fired power plants to spend at least $500 million to install CO2 sequestering equipment. So a great many Coal Fired power plants are being shut down to bow to the whimms of the EPA mandates.

  3. Edmund Williams

    99.5% of the chemicals used in fracting is simply pure water, the other 0.5% are the same chemicals used in food additives that have been approved by the FDA.

    • The FDA isn’t applicable here. It would more matter if these chemicals have been approved by Agence nationale de sécurité sanitaire de l’alimentation, de l’environnement et du travail (ANSES) though.

  4. Yep. It could be good for business.

  5. My petroleum production/completion engineer friend says the correct spelling is “fraccing”. I’m just a lowly plant/field facility engineer so what do I know. And, Edmund, my friend says the same thing on the “chemicals”.

  6. When you are dealing with a resource of infinite value — the environment — then any action on its behalf, no matter how damaging, is a net positive.

    Greenpeace knows this well. ‘The Environment’ trumps anything else.

  7. Why not go all in and ban energy from any non-”renewable” source?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s