Since the North Carolina Medical Board failed to provide us with any rational whatsoever for its closing its investigation of the EPA human testing docs, we must ask why.
A quick check at the North Carolina Medical Board itself reveals some potential explanations.
Keeping in mind that these experiments have occurred and continue to occur under the auspices of the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, at least seven members of the 12-member board have identifiable and potential conflicts of interest.
Four are alumni of UNC (2 School of medicine, 2 School of Law); two are faculty members at the UNC School of Medicine; and one is a State political appointee.
Don’t rock the boat baby.
Below are the Board members and their as-yet identified conflicts.
- William A. Walker, MD, President: Graduated from the UNC School of Medicine.
- Paul S. Camnitz, MD, President Elect: None identified so far.
- Cheryl Walker-McGill, MD, Secretary/Treasurer: None identified so far.
- Helen Diane Meelheim, FNP-BC, Board Member: Graduated from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill School of Law.
- Subhash C. Gumber, MD, PhD, Board Member: None identified so far.
- Janice E. Huff, MD, Board Member: Clinical instructor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Thomas R. Hill, MD, Board Member: None identified so far.
- Eleanor E. Greene, MD, MPH, Board Member: Graduated from the UNC School of Medicine.
- Pascal Udekwu, MD, Board Member: Associate Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine.
- Thelma C. Lennon, Public Member: None identified so far.
- John B. Lewis, Jr, LLB, Public Member: Graduated from UNC and the UNC School of Law.
- Michael J. Arnold, MBA, Public Member: Professional political appointee in North Carolina.